SPRING FUND DRIVE
We’re incredibly grateful for your support of G-Town Radio over the years! We hope you’ll continue to support us as we kick off our spring fund drive.
Last spring, we lost our founder, Jim Bear. During his 14 years with the station, Jim built G-Town Radio from a small start-up to an award-winning station that has garnered national praise and attention as a model for community radio. Jim left a legacy in the community that will not soon be forgotten.
We continue to honor Jim’s memory and vision of building community through radio. Every week, you’ll hear content covering a huge range of perspectives, thoughts, and styles coming from the folks of Northwest Philadelphia. Our music and talk shows range from hyper-local to global and sometimes even galactic!
This year, we learned a lot and grew a lot. We added new shows and welcomed new programmers. We took lessons learned from broadcasting during the pandemic to create two free community courses that will bring new voices to our airwaves. Our 92.9 Day Festival was a great success with dozens of vendors, community organizations, and residents coming together to celebrate Germantown. Our volunteer staff and board began strategic planning, looking ahead to ensure G-Town Radio thrives well into the future.
We recently organized, hosted, and broadcast the 8th District City Council Candidate Debate at Center in the Park. The debate provided 8th District residents with essential, first-hand information about this crucial local political race. This is what G-Town Radio is for. With your support, this is the work we will continue to do.
We’re so proud of what we were able to accomplish this year. But there’s an enormous amount of work ahead of us, too. We are committed to bringing more voices to G-Town Radio through more innovative programs, opportunities, and events. To do this, we must invest in new technologies and resources. Our small budget is not enough to meet our bigger needs.
We have big dreams, but we won’t be able to make our vision a reality without you.
That’s why we’re writing today to ask you to make a donation, of any size, towards our spring fund drive. Your donation right now will keep us going and growing. Our goal is to raise $15,000 by June 30th. We won’t make it without you!
When you make a gift to G-Town Radio, you:
- Show love to your amazing neighbors who have responded to a difficult year in meaningful ways—leading conversations about racism and injustice, providing comfort or escape with their music and musings, or offering critical information to keep us safe.
- Cover the growing costs of music licensing fees, rent on the antenna site, insurance policies, studio rent, and equipment replacement that keep us operating.
- Protect our airwaves and media from commercial, capitalistic powers.
- Sustain and develop great, original programming that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Keep local news and community discussion alive.
- Help us continue documenting the many stories of Germantown.
- Bring our community together for more in-person events and celebrations.
- And much, much more!
Thank you for supporting your local radio makers and bringing us into your homes.
With deep gratitude,
Tom Casetta, Station Manager
Joanna Wikander & Brandon Dalton, Program Directors
The G-town Radio Programmers